What we are doing
We are following guidance from the Department for Education and Birmingham City Council.
Children will work in a ‘bubble’ of children. That bubble of children will remain the same with (as far as is possible) the same staff and will not mix with children from another bubble. We have 3 bubbles at the moment. Please ask if you would like more information about this or any of our safety measures.
Some of the steps we are taking in readiness for reopening include:
- Asking that anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms, or who lives with someone who does, not to attend nursery. That includes children and staff who work here.
- Keeping our children in small groups with as much consistent staffing as possible, and minimising contact with other groups around the setting.
- Cleaning our hands more often than usual. We have developed routines to ensure children understand when and how to wash their hands, making sure they wash them thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using running water and soap and dry them thoroughly, or use sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered.
- Implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule, ensuring surfaces touched by children and staff are cleaned regularly and throughout the day, including table tops, door handles and play resources.
- Where different groups of children access a bubble, resources are changed between sessions and a full clean.
What we need you to do:
We ask that, when children return, parents/carers follow the following guidelines:
- To keep numbers of parents attending at a time we are staggering the start and finish times for the groups. This means we will need you to drop off and collect on time and to stick to these times – we cannot let children in or out outside these times.
- Physically distance from each other and from staff when dropping off and collecting your children and to limit drop off and collection to one parent or carer per household
- School bags – Please only send what is completely necessary for example spare clothes, nappies/wipes and any medication needed. We cannot accept bottles, cups or toys etc. You will need to give your child anything that they need to bring in. You will not be able to pass items to staff members.
- We appreciate that you will want to talk to us about some things but while asking parents to socially distance from us and each other, we cannot give feedback face to face. We are more than happy to speak to you but we would appreciate it if you could call us instead 01216757578
- Please avoid coming into the reception area unless absolutely necessary. Payments can be made via parent pay.
- Please ensure any contact details and medical information is up to date. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 012163757578
- If your child or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid 19 you must follow government advice. The most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. However, if you have any of the symptoms above you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.
If you would like to see our full risk assessment or for any other information. Please contact us at email@example.com or on 01216757578